Friday 8 October 2010

Flat Plan of My Sixth Form Magazine

What is the purpose of a Flat Plan?


The purpose of a Flat Plan is to design your ideas that you would ideally like to appear on the front cover of the Magazine. Flat Plans are really useful as you can see what the magazine will potentially look like and decide what aspects you prefer and also what aspects are your least favourite. Addtionally, creating flatplans enables you to present the front cover to the designated focus group and then they can give their thoughts and opinions about the design before it is created and too late to change it. Before a magazine is actually made, flat plans are essential so each section of the magazine can be put together and can actually be edited, this is a crucial part of the planning. Designing flat plans have helped me choose what the focus group and I preferably want to appear on the front cover and eliminate any other potential ideas so ultimately the magazine can be successful as possible.

Here are two possible flat plan designs of what the cover of the Sixth Form magazine will potentially look like:


Design 1:



Design 2:


In order to help me decide which front cover to choose, I shall show both covers to my focus group and consequently they will give their feedback about which design they will prefer.


Results:

I showed both designs to the four people in my focus group and they gave this feedback:

Anna Bradford: "I prefer design 2 as it appears to include more articles that would be of interest to students attending Sixth Form."

Hayley Occleshaw: "I like design 1 as the different pieces of text are more spread out and it doesn't look as squashed. However, the articles look more interesting on design 2."

Joe Parker: "I think the second design is better as it seems to grab the attention of the audience more than the first design."

Meg Kelly: "I think design 2 would be more successful as I like the style and feel all the other students would also prefer this style as oppose to the first one."

No comments:

Post a Comment