Friday 5 November 2010

My Front Cover

Here I have created my final front cover, I have shown the different stages of the process I had to go through:

 
1
Firstly, after editing my chosen photo in iPhoto, I opened the picture in PhotoShop so therefore this enabled me to start creating my front cover.

2
Next, I added my title, "The Word", and edited the font, colour and design so the typography would fit the image and style that I chose. 


 



3
I edited the title so that it had a shadow behind each letter, I thought that this added to the professional looking image of a School Magazine front cover.

4
This is my final draft of the school magazine front cover, I have used effects on PhotoShop to insert various adverts and texts of interest to the demographic target audience which is students. 

Analysis of my School Magazine Front Cover
After looking back at my final design of the front cover, i feel there could be some improvements, such as, editing the colour scheme as it does not match the whole theme of the magazine. Additionally, from what I know, this type of cover does not look professional and sophisticated. However, the image of the student and the overall typogrpahy based on the Southend High School for Girls colour scheme makes it clear to the audience that this magazine is particualrly aimed at a student reader. The advertisements convey particular codes and conventions of a school magazine, including advice on revision tips and upcoming events.

No comments:

Post a Comment